Another book-ified challenge day (originally 10 favorite foods). Since most of my favorite foods are tacos and cheese, that post would be pretty boring.
When I think about these books, I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Say anything negative about them, and my hackles rise (though I will always respect your opinion).
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – I would name my kid Huck if my husband didn’t veto it on account of it rhyming with a similar word. (Hint: starts with F).
- Pride and Prejudice – there’s a reason why it’s been adapted so many times: because it’s amazeballs.
- The Harry Potter Series – Don’t mess with Harry Potter. I grew up with him. We go way back.
- The Great Gatsby – Nuff said.
- World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War. Scared of zombies. Didn’t sleep while I read it. Worth it.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain. Proof your dog loves you.
- All the Bright Places. Touches all the right places with teenage depression.
- The Red Rising Series. Badassery on every page. Reminds me to “live for more”.
- I’ve Got Your Number. A love story for the technologically addicted woman.
- 30 Things Every Women Should Have and Should Know Before She Turns 30. I turned 30 in January, and this book prepared me for a new decade. It also keeps me grounded when I feel like I’ve accomplished nothing.